HARMAN International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise market, today introduced the Harman Kardon Allure Portable with Amazon Alexa Voice Service. Serving as a companion to the original Harman Kardon Allure, this new speaker provides stunning design and exquisite Harman Kardon sound in a sleeker, portable form factor.
Bringing together Harman Kardon’s sophisticated and stunning sound, Alexa’s voice service, and the benefits of portability, the Allure Portable gives music lovers a rich, captivating listening experience. With 20W 2 x 1.75 inch full-range drivers and 2 passive radiators, the Allure Portable produces superb sound to fill up any room.
Just like the original Harman Kardon Allure, the new portable device is hands free and controlled by voice commands. Users can ask Alexa to take commands, play favorite playlists, rattle off the latest headlines, control smart home devices and much more. Far-field voice technology allows users to issue commands from across the room, whether at home, in a hotel or at the office, and still be heard clearly by the speaker.
With the same sophisticated design of its predecessor, the Harman Kardon Allure Portable blends into any environment. Whether it’s in your living room, office or kitchen, the device fills any space with best in class sound. Featuring premium materials—including a steel speaker grill and a semi-transparent top cover—it’s design sophistication at its best.
“With the Harman Kardon Allure Portable, we brought together everything our customers love about the Harman Kardon Allure—amazing sound quality, Amazon Alexa voice capabilities, beautiful design—and added portability,” said Andy Tsui, Vice President, Smart Audio Business Unit, HARMAN. “With a battery life of 10 hours, users can take this voice activated speaker with them everywhere while enjoying beautiful sound by Harman Kardon.”
Harman Kardon Allure Portable with Amazon Alexa ($199) will be available for purchase starting spring 2018 on www.harmankardon.com and www.amazon.com. The Harman Kardon Allure ($249.95) was announced at IFA 2017, and is also available for purchase now; more information can be found here.
- Powered by Amazon Alexa Voice Service: Asking questions has never been easier with Amazon Alexa Voice Service. It’s always getting smarter and adding new features with more than 20,000 Alexa skills.
- Charging Cradle: Improving the overall portable experience for customers, the Allure Portable has a charging cradle to help with convenience.
- Far-field Voice Recognition: Allowing hands-free voice control from across any room, the device has 2 built-in microphones and advanced noise cancellation technology.
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming: Supports up to 96KHz/24bits of Wi-Fi audio streaming from the cloud to stream room-filling music from any mobile devices via Bluetooth.
- Portability: With up to 10 hours of battery life, the device can play favorite tunes all day with one single charge.
HARMAN at CES 2018
Visit the HARMAN showcase during CES 2018 for demonstrations of the company’s full portfolio of connected car and lifestyle audio systems that elevate the connected life. The HARMAN experience showcase is located at the Hard Rock Hotel. Follow HARMAN online during CES 2018:
- Find more CES news at the HARMAN Newsroom
- Like HARMAN on Facebook
- Connect with Harman on LinkedIn
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Follow HARMAN on Twitter @harman
- Follow Twitter Hashtag #HARMANCES
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.